The COVID-19 pandemic compelled many higher education institutions to modify their teaching, learning, and assessment practices. For many faculty, creating engaging student learning experiences in this new environment has been challenging. Designed with the faculty in mind, this course provides a highly practical and principle-based approach to designing and teaching hybrid courses. There will be a unique focus on the principles underlying online and offline teaching, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), student engagement strategies, and relevant digital tools.
- Models for offline, online, blended, hybrid, and distance teaching.
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in hybrid classroom.
- Setting up the hybrid classroom/strategies for student engagement.
- Technological tools to facilitate teaching in a hybrid mode.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Distinguish between the various models of online and offline teaching.
- Incorporate the principles of Universal Design for Learning in the hybrid classroom.
- Identify strategies for student engagement in the hybrid mode.
- Identify and adapt digital tools to scaffold the teaching and learning process.